Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Taking a Leave of Absence

I think I'm going to go on hiatus for a while.

I have some new stuff that are posted as drafts that will pop up on here in the next couple of days, but frankly I think I'm ready to just hang it up. You can't convince anyone of anything this close to the election and there's not much use in "preaching to the choir" when there's no choir. Barely 4,260 people read the Mapleton PRESS and almost no one reads this blog.

Maybe I'm too much of a blue-stater living in about as red a district as they get and I'm tired of being a mutant, weirdo, pariah. Maybe if I quit writing and cartooning I can just try to fit in.

I love writing and cartooning, they're compulsions for me, part of who I am. But I may as well face that whatever dreams I may have had of being the next Mike Royko or Molly Ivins aren't going to materialize. Better to wake up and get dressed for work than to lay in bed and keep dreaming.

No comments: