Thursday, October 26, 2006

I SO had the idea for this cartoon like 2 weeks ago, but I thought it would be too hard to do justice to Charles Schultz, so I gave up on it.
See if I do THAT again!

Oh Great Pumpkin, where ARE you!!??

This is all I'm saying. I'm not opposed to all Republicans or all their ideas. Heck, I'm a Missouri Synod Lutheran who chose to and enjoys living in rural Western Iowa. Some of my best friends are (or once were) Republicans, my sainted Irish mother was once a registered Republican. Bush, Cheney and Carl Rove aren't genuine, traditional Republicans. Who hasn't figured that out yet?I know, cartoonists had the very same criticism of Clinton's supposed job creation. But the point is, less unemployment does not mean that the economy is better. Ask a former Ford employee. Wal Mart hires you for 37 hours a week so they don't have to offer you benefits or pay you overtime, but you're too busy (or tired) to go out and look for a better job. Enjoy your tax cuts!

No comments: