Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Mid-life crisis?

"It is never too late
to be
what you might have been.
"
~George Eliot


I don't know, maybe I'm deluding myself to think that I could ever make a living as either a writer or a cartoonist, but they're still persistent dreams. I like teaching, I just like drawing and writing more. I have a lot of doubt in my abilities. Just be cause I enjoy doing something, doesn't mean I'm good enough at it to deserve to be compensated in a way that would even match, let alone exceed the living I eke-out as an educator. But hey, when you run across a fortune cookie on your google home page like the one above, it almost reignites that glimmer of hope in the corner of your soul. Of course, then you shake your head and remember that you're not superstitious and even if you were, it's not a real fortune cookie, it's a goofy google gadget. Good grief!

No comments: