Monday, August 13, 2007

Some of my work for our small-town newspaper

After our back-to-school teacher meetings, I SHOULD have been cleaning my classroom or getting ready for school to start Wednesday, but I was so excited about the great architect leaving, I had to do this one. This won't run till Aug. 23.

We have friends visiting us from California this week. One of them has his PhD so it's really intellectually challenging to debate politics with him. He suggested the idea for the above cartoon to me. This will run in the Aug. 30 issue.

Several weeks ago we printed color on the front and back pages. Now I didn't design this masthead, our late publisher Mike Lyon did, but I got to colorize it for that edition. It was neat to see it printed, so I just thought I'd like to go ahead and post it here.

See more of my cartoons at http://tmal.multiply.com/photos/album/2/CARTOONS

No comments: