Monday, October 15, 2007

Exciting serendipity


I really likes how the glaze turned out on the interior of this pot. It looks like a heart. I think what happened is that the bottle's directions recommended either cone 06 or 07 and I went with 07, unfortunately that lead to crawling and pooling and to most of the glaze turning out black, except where it pooled. Fortunately, that looks really pretty, so what the heck!

It looks like a heart radiating fire. Sort of reminds me of the "Sacred Heart" icon, or maybe like the House of Blues logo. Think I'll keep it. Sometimes NOT knowing what you're doing leads to neat stuff.

1 comment:

www.jrdesignstudio.com said...

It looks very artistic. I can't quite graps what it is from the first glance... But it certainly makes me gaze at it.....

Totally true, 'sometimes not knowing' leads to good stuff!