Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Online independent-study cartooning class


Online independent-study cartooning class

I have a Senior Drawing student who asked me about offering a cartooning class. I'm not too sure about how good I'd be at teaching cartooning. I've offered it at Boyer Valley before, but I never seemed to put together what I think would be the ideal class. Certainly, I haven't exactly "hit it big" yet myself. But I agreed to give it a shot. If nothing else, between now and Christmas, I should amass a lot of good links and ideas for anyone interested in learning how to cartoon.

Here's the course outline:
1. We'll start off with the grandaddy of all tooning, editorial cartooning. This is my forte' anyway.
2. Then we'll move into "Gag" or single-panel cartoons, this is the stuff of magazines and greeting cards. It's not near as easy as it looks
3. Next, we'll kick it up a notch and move on to the comic strip, the greatest American art form
4. Ultimately we'll gear up for comics and graphic novels. The may just be the most important form of literature and art of the 21st century.

1 comment:

petrikNZ said...

Where do I find this course?