Thursday, October 18, 2007

Cheer Sweatshirts

We've been slow in getting a cheerleading tee-shirt done this year. The squad really wants those "hoodie" sweatshirts this year, even though they cost quite a bit more.Here's the design I worked up. Of course, teenage girls can be very picky, so I won't be surprised if they veto it.

Here is a 'comp' I threw together to show them how it would look in different combinations of our school colors.

And of course, here is the original photo I had taken, that I based the design on.

I had originally envisioned something like this. Then one of the girls' moms volunteered to design something because I've been swamped with school work. At first they wanted something like "Yell, Scream, Jump, Fly, Kick- yeah, that's our job" (or something along those lines, I'm sure I'm making it sound worse that they're idea, which was really good). The mom suggested that a job is something you get paid for, so we should say "that's what we do." But then the mom got swamped with work herself... and here we are. I really like it, I can see a red, white and blue version like Major League Baseball's logo that the NBA copied, and then God knows how many other sports and tee-shirt companies. If there's anything wrong with it, it's that her wrist isn't quite as straight as it should be in that mount (it's called a "Liberty").

I guess I'd like to have "Boyer Valley" and 2007-08 on there somewhere. Both that and the wrist are easy enough to fix in PhotoShop.

Anyway, I really like it and I hope they will too so that I can get some price estimates from a screen printer in the area and put in purchase orders and get moving on it. We only have 2 games left in Football season and then tryouts for Basketball the second week of November or so. But it's really for both Football and Basketball Cheer squads.

Now, if I could just get an idea for Junior High Cheer's shirts. And, oh yeah, grades are due this week too!

No comments: