Sunday, May 27, 2007

Richardson's Resume

I think that his resume really says it all. Of course it is STILL to early to bet on any horse in this race, but I guess Edward's expensive haircut really lost him credibility with me and I keep wishing that Obama will show the same kind of passion and guts that Edwards does. I never was a big Hillary fan. Now, I have a friend who works for a national lab that complained about how Richardson ran the Dept. of Energy, but from all the speeches I've heard and the policy statements I've read- I don't know what's not to like.

It's all in his commercial, but for the sake of review:
  • Taught Government at a Santa Fe Community College
  • Congressman
  • Diplomat/special envoy who's negotiated with Iraq, Iran, and North Korea
  • Ambassador to the UN
  • Director of Dept. of Energy
  • Governor
I don't know, seems like Bush, Bolton, Rice and Wolfowitz have loused up our stature in the world pretty good, so an experienced diplomat might be helpful.

With the price of gas what it is, maybe someone with experience in alternative forms of energy might be useful.

Sure, there's been lots of talk about the firts African-American, and the first woman, even the first Mormon, but what with all that's going on with the immigration bill, maybe having someone who's mother is from Mexico, who's governed a border state, who's genuinely bi-lingual (not semi-illiterate in English and Spanglish like Bush) might just be helpful. Hispanics constitute 14% of the U.S. population since the 2005 census (Blacks only make up 12.8 %).

I'm not making any kind of an endorsement, there's still a lot to like about all the Democrats, and we can always keep hoping that either Al Gore or Lee Iaccoca will run, but I definitely think that Richardson deserves a look.

In New Hampshire, “An eye popping jump for Richardson," in a new Zogby poll, according to Chris Bowers from MyDD.

Hillary Clinton 28% (29%)
Barack Obama 26% (23%)
John Edwards 15% (23%)
Bill Richardson 10% (2%)
Dennis Kucinich 4% (1%)
Joe Biden 1% (2%)

Learn more about him from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Richardson

Visit his new Iowa blog:
http://iowa.richardsonforpresident.com/communities/iowa

No comments: