Thursday, October 23, 2008

Done


Well friends, I did it. I saw a poster at city hall advertising early voting, so since I had a few hours between the end of school and parent/teacher conferences I drove to the county courthouse and "got 'er dun."

There was no touch-screen, just a booth and a piece paper. which I sealed in my secrecy affidavit envelope and handed directly to someone in the county recorder's office.

I believe in the secret ballot so I won't tell you how I voted, but let's just say I went with hope rather than fear, ideas rather than ideology, action not anger, real change rather than faux change that would continue the Reaganomics and Bush Jr. foreign policy that got us in the fix we're in.

Agree with me? Get out there and do likewise. Insanely incensed by me? Get out there and balance (cancel) out my vote with yours. Don't care either way? Then sit on your hands, but then don't complain come November 5.

No comments: