Thursday, April 09, 2009

Trying something new

I'm trying to make all of my blogs share a more consistent graphic style, so that they'll look more like they belong together and hopefully will eventually navigate more like they're all pages on the same website. Please be patient with me, but do please send me your feedback and tell me what you think.

I'm not sure I like the background color yet- or the entire color scheme for that matter. I may go with plain white or pale gray. I was hoping for sort of a desert thing. The previous work blue and international orange were derived from 1950's/early 60's American Airlines logos. This new look is based on more of a contemporary Southwestern taste. Partly from my home state of Arizona, with a little South Dakota prairie thrown in. I like the turquoise accent, but I'm still partial to that orange.

The tan background isn't quite as pleasant as I had hoped for. I'd really love to figure out some kind of graduated/variegated background, but I think that requires loading an image which will take more code writing than I'm up for and slow down page loading.

I'm hoping that the slightly more shallow masthead/banner will draw more attention to the content on each blog.

Let me know if you have an opinion or any suggestions. Hopefully I'll manage to standardize the layouts a little more and redesign the navigation buttons soon. Meanwhile, thank you for your patience.

No comments: