Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer Book Report

Wooden: A Lifetime of Observations and Reflections On and Off the Court Wooden: A Lifetime of Observations and Reflections On and Off the Court by John Wooden


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Just amazing. It's organized by themes, not chronologically- and it is not a memoir, yet when I got to the part when he told his team he had decided to retire, I cried. I've been using his Pyramid of Success for almost 10 years now as a coach, but I still found new insights and different ways of understanding what he teaches in it. Excellent book, up there with '7 Habits' by Covey, 'Everything I Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten' by Fulghum, and POSSIBLY even 'Man's Search for Meaning' by Frankl as one of the most inspiring reads outside of Scripture.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: