Friday, December 30, 2011

Dear Diary

Once again, New Year's has me thinking I should resolve to have more discipline about blogging more regularly.

I'm also wishing I could spend all day everyday reading, writing or cartooning instead of planning, grading and teaching.

Don't get me wrong, I love kids and believe nothing is as important or as rewarding as teaching, and obviously no other job offers as much freedom to read, write, or create. Be that as it may, I'm still lazy and selfish like anybody else. Did I also mention that I wish I got paid twice what I make to do whatever I want instead of dealing with all the hoops to jump through from the State, the AEA, the board & administration and dealing with unmotivated or uncooperative students?

Anyone want to pay me $100K/year for just blogging? I'll cartoon or take goofy photos too if you want.

Glad I disconnected this blog from feeding into facebook & twitter since this is such a lame, self-indulgent entry. Anyway, enough time wasting, I need to either do some school work or help my wife dismantle the Christmas decorations.

No comments: