Thursday, September 13, 2007

Some of the best of other people's cartoons

I couldn't believe Bush told the Australian Prime Minister that we're "Kicking Ass," in Iraq. New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson had it right when he said, "What does he think this is? A high school football game???" 3,700 American servicemen and women are dead. Their families are irrevocably damaged by their loss. What a twit. Anyway, I thought this cartoon made it clear that he's about as mature and responsible on the domestic front too. When will America wake up to the fact that "Reaganomics" has destroyed our so called American Middle-Class way of life?
I think this one is a thinkin'-man's cartoon. It makes clear the things that the Administration would rather we not pay attention to.
I LOVE the payoff to the set-up for this gag. Anyone with a clue about history, or anyone who lived through Vietnam/Watergate HAS to appreciate the irony here!
Their table is a flag-draped coffin, get it? Took me a while, I must be slow. But once it dawned on me, it is VERY powerful.

Now, if I could just think of something for ME to draw for the PRESS next week....

No comments: