Sunday, August 30, 2009

Weekend Photos

FRIDAY: The sunlight was a cool effect, even if it cut off Sasha and Christine's heads. The problem was that I had my ISO set at 400 for when it got darker, and I have them back-lit on top of it, but really, I think the over-exposed look gives it a bit of a retro feel. More importantly, I think it adds to the fleeting, moment-in-time feel too. And Cammey's laugh and smile are so joyful and infectious.

SATURDAY: Some use guns, I shoot things with a camera. Since I never managed to get a really good focus on the deer in any of the umpteen shots I took anyway- I really like how this one turned out because it has a depth of field and a patterns that are really neat. In some ways you have to work to see the deer, which is just how the deer want's it anyway.

SUNDAY: Nice nature walk. 7:30 AM. Yeah, I know I was supposed to be taking pictures of PEOPLE since it was a family reunion, but I figure as sleep-deprived and grouchy as I was starting to get, taking an hour to myself in the woods was a good idea. Exercise, prayer and meditation, and a wee bit of photography- does a soul good. I wound up being in a much better mood all day Sunday than I had been Saturday. Someday I'll actually capture one of these herons either up close or in flight. Sort of like the deer picture, you really have to look for this bird, which is as nature intended, no?


Bookmark and Share

No comments: