Friday, December 07, 2007

Iowa's Senator Grassley: the people's angel


My cartoon for the Dec. 13 Mapleton PRESS

Boy, I was racking my brain for an idea this week. Usually I try to get done the Thursday before the cartoon is supposed to run. This one came to me driving home from school Thursday night. But I was panicky because I was too tired and busy with my kids to draw anything that night and I never imagined I'd ever be able to manage it before school since I have hall monitor duty this week. Thank God for small blessings because we had a 2 hour late start for snow.

I was still anxious. I've only drawn Senator Grassley one time before and never thought I could ever replicate it. He has such an amazing face. But I think I pulled it off. I'm afraid I made Creflo Dollar look a little too much like Supreme Court Justice Clarance Thomas, which is too bad because Dollar is a really handsome guy. Benny Hinn usually looks friendlier in real life, but oh well. And frankly, I think I absolutely nailed the Joel Osteen.

Hot issue. Gotta confess, I sometimes like to listen to Bishop T.D. Jakes and Robert Shueler- but I never send them money. I love Rick Warren, but I think that he's actually on the up and up, unlike these other guys. I really worry about my friends and family who watch Osteen all the time, but whatchya gonna do but pray for 'em?

No comments: