Thursday, December 27, 2007

Wild Bill for President

It was just me and this rattlesnake out on the desert, and I won the staring contest.

Omygosh! I almost forgot, I came to Denison just so I could get my picture taken with that famous columnist and cartoonist from around here, where is that guy?

Finally, a voter with a bigger head than me!

I'm gonna miss Ted so much after Jan 3, that i think I could just cry!


Okay, so I didn't have as much luck as a photographer as I did with Obama last Spring. But I did have quite a day. 10:45 at Denison Town Hall with Governor Bill, lunch with a former mascot and a former cheerleader, both much smarter than me, and then 1:30 at the Fire House for Hillary. No, she didn't break my camera, and no I don't dislike her so much that I refuse to take her picture- my batteries just died.

Maybe next week when I have more time and I'm not falling asleep at the keyboard, I'll write about it. For now I'll just say that I'm more at ease if she HAS to get the nomination, but I am more impressed with Governor Richardson than ever, and I always have been. Still not 200% decided/committed yet- hopefully I will be by next Thursday when I go caucus.

Both were very interesting events. Richardson's may have been more what Iowa is supposed to be about, Clinton's was more of a production- but while she's no Bill Clinton, she is much better on the stump than she's been in the debates. Bill Richardson may be no Bill Clinton either, but he seems much more consistent from a town hall meeting like this to the debates to his commercials, web messages, and Sunday morning talk circuit. That may be one of the things I appreciate about him. That makes him seem genuine and makes him at least seem to have integrity.

But please, even Mike Gravel or Dennis Kucinich would be better than any of the Republican candidates out there. Dodd and Biden are every bit as good as Edwards and Obama. Hard decision, but that's a nice problem to have! Now if we could just field a decent candidate to run against Steve King for Congress!


Here are a few more candidates coming to the area between now and Caucus Day if you're interested.
Jill Biden (Wife of Joe Biden): December 28 Cronk's Cafe =12:00 Noon

Chris Dodd: December 29 Cronk's Cafe = 1:30 P.M.

John Edwards: December 30 Cronk's Cafe = 4:00 P.M.

No comments: