Thursday, February 19, 2009

One of those Facebook things

Just for fun, fill this out about your years of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!! REPORT with name of high school and graduating year in the subject box.

1. Did you date someone from your school?
Went out on a few "dates" with few girls, but never "went" with anybody. Too idealistic I guess, the girls I fell for just wanted to be friends and the girls that seemed interested in me, kinda freaked me out.

2. Did you marry someone from your high school?
No, I went to college to pick up an "MRS." degree.
Did you ever hear the one about the Art Major and the farmer's daughter?

3. Did you car pool to School?
Not really- Bike Freshman yr. Walk Sophomore yr.
"Crappy Blue Chevy Nova" Junior & Senior yrs.

4. What kind of car did you have?
A "Crappy Blue Chevy Nova," just like Eddie Murphy in "Beverly Hills Cop."
After two accidents it drove sideways and only the driver's side door would open.

5. What kind of car do you have now.
A 1995 Chevy S-10 pickup with 230,000 miles on it!
The only accident it's been in was with a deer.

6. Its Friday night...where are you in HS?
Cruising Central with Kevin and/or Seth and Mike. Sometimes at the movies with my best friend Dawn, if she didn't have a date with a REAL guy.

7. It is Friday night...where are you now?
Fall/Winter coaching the cheer squad at a FB or BB game.
Spring/Summer with my gorgeous wife and 3 beautiful, silly daughters

8. What kind of job did you have in high school?
Assistant Manager at Baskin Robbins 31 Flavors

9. What kind of job do you do now?
HS Art teacher, YrBk Advisor, Cheer Coach

10. Were you a party animal?
Not so much. I was more the 3-5 people with 2-3 beers or wine coolers type, rather than the 200 people and a bunch of kegs type.

12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
No, but a few lip syncs. Most of my friends were "Band-Fags" and I sat next to the band at football games, does that count?

13. Were you a nerd?
Depends on who you asked. I don't think I had good enough grades to be a nerd, but I don't think I was cool enough to not be.

14. Did you get suspended or expelled?
No, but seems like I remember conversations with the principal and vice principal about the limits of student press rights when I was editor of the school paper

15. Can you sing the alma matter?
It's Shadow Mountain, It's Shadow Mountain
The pride of every Matador
Sing of our honor, sing of our glory
It's Shadow Mountain now we're for.

Now and forever, always endeavor
To battle on to victory
For we will never stop 'til we're on top,
So fight on, Shadow Mountain, FIGHT

16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)?
Journalism Advisors- Knowles and Slye,
Hist.- Mrs. Hillsbeck, & Mr. Casa
Sci guy- Mr. Menke,
Eng- Mrs. Thompson

17. Where did you sit during lunch?
Outside at a table in front of the planters between the locker bay and the Coke machines.
Better yet, at Liberty Belle Pizza on Greenway

18. What was your school's full name?
Shadow Mountain High School

20. What was your school mascot?
Matadors

21. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
Somedays, I would get better grades and not stress girls so much

22. Did you have fun at Prom?
Junior year I boycotted, Senior year I had a big crush on my date, but we were going as "just friends" because her boyfriend was in the navy (she got back together with him). The morning of I had a fever of 104 and was throwing up. So I got my friend Chris to taker her because he was on leave from the Marine Military Academy so he had an awesome dress uniform and wouldn't have to rent a tux. So now as a teacher, I loath having to chaperone or even take pictures at stupid, useless, expensive proms.

23. Do you talk to the person you went to Prom with?
(you mean who I was supposed to go to prom with?) Not a lot, but she's constantly poking me on Facebook!

24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion?
If time and money permit, or as they say here in Iowa, "Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise."

25. Do you still talk to people from school?
Just here on Facebook, which has been awesome.

No comments: