Friday, February 13, 2009

From the "Let's say no" Facebook Group

Subject: Editorial in Thursday's Register

For those of you who didn't see Thursday's editorial in the Register, here it is.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com%2Farticle%2F20090212%2FOPINION03%2F902120348%2F1110

I don't know what they think "quality education" and "prudent" use of taxpayers' money is, but if they're trying to hold up Des Moines Schools or most other large schools in this state as an example, then they're sadly mistaken.

Senator Matt McCoy wants to close rural Iowa's schools. Let's say no.
I encourage all of you to write a letter to the editor or comment on the Register's website for this editorial. Blatant disregard for facts cannot be allowed to go unnoticed.

For my part, I penned a rather lengthy Op Ed (I used to work at a student newspaper in college), the text of which I am posting to the group within the next few minutes. If people would kindly send me the email address of their local newspaper, I would like to get this out to as many publications in the state as possible, in order to attempt to get the facts straight on this issue.

No comments: