Friday, April 07, 2006

Giving us fits

Trying to get kids to draw a model in charcoal is driving me crazy. One student started over three times and threw a tantrum. Another hasn't really started yet. Still another has decided she's done already after only 2 days of the 5. She'd pretty good too but she's really left it with too few values and not much contrast let alone modeling. Mostly she just wants to go play with the computer. Another kid refused to draw since they didn't have batteries for their CD player. Everybody is sick of getting dirty.

I'm having a rough time too. Above is my drawing of Kim, a junior. Different clothes, different position, constantly moving her head to talk to people. Above you have Thursday's shoes and pants and Friday's shirt, consequently the arm on the right side and the hands are really loused up. I barely got started on the face, so students are telling me that she looks like an angry guy. I do kinda think the face reminds me of William H. Macy. Poor Kim. Hopefully it will get better Monday etc.

1 comment:

Kenny said...

Oooh, poopy experiences, man. When they're older they'll say stuff like, "Wow, I was a jerk to old Ted" and "Hey, you should put more value in your charcoal drawings like my high school art teacher taught me to do." Summer's almost here, summer's almost here . . .