Thursday, January 24, 2008

Laugh before you cry

I can't get over how much I like Lester's cartoons, I so wish he were a left-winger. This cartoon just gave me a giggle fit. Just the kind of thing you need when you're fighting all the anxiety and depression of these scary days we're living through.

This one speaks to me politically, socially, and spiritually. This is the whole problem with our country. We don't believe in helping everyone and we're never willing to take responsibility for our greed. As funny as that first one was, this one is tragic.


I am a huge Luckovich fan. He's a laugh riot. The visual and comedic tension is perfect, the dorky little caricature of Bush that he's been doing for so long, the absolute and devastating truth behind it all- this is just a phenomenal cartoon. I wish God would grant me even a tiny dash of this guy's genius.

No comments: