Monday, October 11, 2004

Emotional Worship

Ted's Pics & Picks

"Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. " ~John 4:23

I'm sick of hyper-conservative dogmatic Christians telling me that worship should not be emotional. That really makes we want to use explicatives! Our FAITH needs to be based on God's unchanging truth, rather than fickle and changing moods or feelings, but what else is worship if it's void of feelings? Isn't there ANY emotion to love, joy, thanksgiving, gratitude, honor...etc.?

Lutherans (any Christians) who are so opposed to "contemporary" worship need to read about how King David's wife, Saul's daughter scolded him for being too emotional when he worshiped God-

"David...danced before the LORD with all his might...I will celebrate before the LORD, I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes" ~2 Samuel 6:14&22

No comments: