Thursday, June 28, 2007

Down by the banks of the Maple River




These were taken at a gorgeous curve in Hwy 175 called "Grey's Landing" along the Maple River. The "One that Got Away" on this hike? Two huge blue herons. Wow. But hey, at least I got these butterflies. The white one is on whats called a "Lead Plant," just one of the many flowers you'll find on the native prairie here. There are lots of wetland plants and animals too, I saw orioles and meadowlarks and ducks (of course, I failed to capture any of them on film either). There were lots of deer tracks in the natural sand beaches (you heard me) along the edge of this loop in the Maple and some kind of fish was jumping at the sandpiper that flew over the pond (yet another bird I couldn't get a picture of).

1 comment:

Neetee said...

You write very well.